Safety First: Our State-of-the-Art Pet Surgery Services
For growths, ulcers, lacerations and other conditions, pet surgery may be the best treatment option. While every surgery has its share of risks, know that your pet is in caring hands. Our team takes every precaution to minimize risks and perform each surgery safely and skillfully. Furthermore, we make it our priority to keep pets as comfortable as possible before, during and after surgery. Our hospital in Paddock Hills offers a wide variety of surgical services, from orthopedic to soft tissue, and we implement the most up-to-date anesthesia and monitoring protocols to ensure patient safety.
If you have questions and concerns about your pet's surgery, we encourage you to contact us. We want you to understand the implications of the procedure and how it will benefit your pet.
Safety Steps and Pain Management
Preparation is a critical part of every pet surgery. We administer personalized care and pain control to every patient for optimal comfort, and conduct careful monitoring for additional safety.
- The first important step in minimizing safety risks during surgery starts before the procedure. A pre-surgical exam and blood work need to be performed to alert us to any underlying health issues.
- After a pet is cleared for surgery, we premedicate with pain control and place an IV catheter for fluids and any other medications that may be necessary.
- A dedicated technician assists in every surgery to monitor patient vitals, including heart rate, pulse oximetry, temperature, oxygen saturation, perfusion time and gum color.
- After surgery, pets are monitored in the recovery area as they awaken from sedation. We use warm blankets to maintain healthy body temperatures and keep our patients comfortable. Additionally, we can provide post-op laser therapy to reduce pain and swelling around the surgery site.
- We may give you additional pain relief medications to take home to keep your pet comfortable. Keeping your pet's pain to an absolute minimum is very important to us.
Surgeries We Offer
To meet our patients' varied needs, our veterinarians offer diverse surgical services, including:
- Spay and neuter
- Tumor removal
- Bladder stone removal
- Exploratory surgery
- ACL (cruciate ligament) repair
- Patellar luxation
- Cherry eye correction
- Ulcer repair
- Ectopic cilia removal
- Fracture repair
- Ear hematoma corrections
- Anal gland removal
Scheduling Surgery for Your Pet
We must have an established relationship with you and your pet before they can undergo surgery at our hospital. That involves knowing your pet's health history and seeing them for a preliminary exam. When planning your pet's surgery, we will discuss the purpose of the procedure, what to expect during your pet's recovery, and how the surgery will benefit their health overall.
We understand that surgery can be a stressful process for pets and their families, but we can help to alleviate that stress. Our hospital carries high-quality pain control and anti-inflammatory medications to ensure that pets of every size, breed and condition are kept comfortable. If you have questions about your pet's surgery or how to keep them free of pain during their recovery, please contact us right away.
You can always tell a good animal hospital when you are first greeted by the staff. Are they happy to be there? That good nature trickles down from the doctor, always. I have had so many good experiences over the years at TAAH, too numerous to mention. But always excellent care, and consideration of my financial situation when it was necessary. 5 STARS. You can really trust them.
- Terry L.
Dr. Bo, Maria, and Janet are the absolute best! Dr. Bo spent a lot of time with our Dog, Duke and speaking with us about his care. I've never seen a vet that was so thorough. I highly recommend them!
- Amanda T.
Exceptional Staff and Dr. Bo is the best! He treats critters and their guardians with patience, great advice and humor. I give the entire staff the very highest marks and I'm super picky! Thanks for all you do!
- Polly I.
Amazing staff and doctor! They truly care about their patients and community!
- Jessica T.
Dr. Bo and the rest of the staff at TAAH are amazing and take such good care of our pups. Thanks for all you do.
- Cara N.
I have been bringing my fur babies here for 13 years. All the staff have taken wonderful care of my loves!